Tuesday, August 22, 2006

WHEN THE LEVEES BROKE: A REQUIEM IN FOUR ACTS

I watched the Spike Lee documentary - WHEN THE LEVEES BROKE: A REQUIEM IN FOUR ACTS.

I was awake all night over seeing the dead bodies in the water. Can you imagine having to wade through that just to get to higher ground?

What really broke my heart was the scene where 5 children had to be rescued by an British news crew. They had been in the house with their dead mother for 2 days in the heat. They looked like they were in shock. I couldn't handle it.

It brings to mind an argument our whole group had against my annoying co-worker, Shorty.
He claims that he didn't feel sorry for any of them since they could have "gotten out"..really asshole??
Let's see, imagine that YOU don't have shit, YOUR FAMILY doesn't have shit and YOUR NEIGHBORS don't have shit...evacuate the city..right now..chop chop

Yeah right. Seems feasible. NOT!!

I'm going to watch the 2nd two parts tonight, I know it will be as good as the first 2 parts.

No comments: