Friday, March 09, 2007

Out Of The Mouths (well notebooks) Of Babes

My co-worker has a 9 year old daughter who I plan on kidnapping. She is so cute and smart and for christ sakes...well behaved!!

Last week my co-worker challenged her children to write a "Top 25" list of things they would like to do before they die - a little morbid for a child perhaps but a good idea nonetheless.
She brought it to work and I thought it was so cute I decided to post it.
I love that kids are so unbothered and "matter of fact" about life.

Here's her "want to do" list:
  • Be able to swim
  • Get a $5,000000,0000,000 paycheck monthly(she seriously used that many zeroes)
  • Go to Hawaii
  • Own Art school/Museum
  • Be in The Night In The Museum
  • Be a Singer
  • Be a Dancer
  • Be an Artist
  • Go on a $5,000000,0000,0000 shopping spree (this kid LOVES zeroes)
  • Be a Fashion Designer
  • I can sound like a seal (??)
  • 25 carrot diamonds (she later made her look up carat)
  • Be in a record book
  • Own Mars (yes, the actual planet)
  • Be like my big sister
  • Save all the hurt things
  • Go to a Day Spa
  • Be a SuperModle (yet another word to look up)
  • Meet Beyonce
  • Go on tour with her
  • Have a sleepover with her
  • Have a big ice cream sundae
  • Have a 10th Birthday party
  • Get a puppy (not if her mother has anything to say about it)
  • Go to College
  • Have a good job
  • Go on a curse (her mother DEFINITELY had to clarify this one, the poor baby meant CRUISE)
  • Go camping
  • Get Caesar back to his old self (I found out that they have a dog name Caesar that has somehow, recently become allergic to grass, air, concrete, the sun, etc. Poor thing can barely go piss without almost dying)
  • Get better handwriting
  • GO TO HEAVEN
Damn, I love kids...some of them

3 comments:

brandy said...

At the risk of sounding lame, that was soooo cute! "Save all the hurt things"? Who says that? I teach kids all day and all I hear is "Brianne stop staring at me!". It was a refreshing read.

Aza said...

That's just adorable!

null said...

I like that she wants to be in heaven _before_ she dies.