While we were watching TV last night, I brought up the subject of babies again with TOH. I'd spent all day worrying myself to death by reading diabetic mommy blogs and medical advice sites.
TOH sure had a lot of questions:
1. Are you sure you want to have my baby? (umm..huh? I think Brad Pitt is busy..damn!!)
2. What if there are complications? (Do you remember me going to med school??..I sure don't)
3. Are you sure you're ready to carry a baby for 9 long months? (The carrying part isn't what I'm worried about)
4. Can you follow the diet? (Can you stop bringing buckets of chicken and gallons of ice cream into the house??)
5. If you bring up the possibility of twins ONE more time, can I kill you?
After the inquisition, he told me how much he REALLY wanted a little boy. I asked him "What if we have a little girl?" and he said that would be great too..but then he added:
"That just means more guns in the house"...
His theory is that if we have a little girl, it will be his duty to protect her from "hard dicked little boys" for the rest of her life..and in order to perform this duty, we will need an arsenal.."cuz' that's what called for in these situations"...
Back off ladies...he's mine.