Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Type 2 Diabetes Can Suck It

I cried in the doctor's office on Monday.....

Why? Because my diabetic condition is getting worse...and because it's my fault....and because it just has this way of being great and on the upswing one year, then totally fucked the next year...and because I'm fucking tired of it...and it didn't help that the doctor was chastising me...I do enough of that to myself.

I ate a tortilla with melted cheese from the microwave at 11:45 am...My doctor's appointment was at 3:45 pm, they tested my blood sugar at a little after 4:00 pm..and my test showed 226!!!! what the fuck???

I know what you're saying, "Well maybe if you would just stop eating carb filled tortillas and shit..blah blah blah
I've been beaten over the head repeatedly with the whole carb thing..I'll admit it, I'm a rebel and I think that eating all that weird Fatkins food is ridiculous....

The doctor upped my dose of glyburide to 20mg a day instead of 10 mg..We'll see if that helps, if it doesn't she said that I would have to be put on insulin..yay..great.

Funny enough, if I want to get pregnant, I'll need to be put on insulin anyway...and I can look forward to a really big baby..woo hoo for me and my vagina.

And another thing..stress can make your blood sugar high..I'm nothing if not stressed..wonderful.

3 comments:

been there, done that said...

Try Suzanne Somers way of eating, she claims to help people with diabetes. I am eating this way and really like it.

It's called somersizing.

Rachele Jean Beck said...

HEY THERE.
I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR BLOG (AND ALL OF YOUR BACK ENTRIES) FOR A FEW DAYS NOW AND I THINK (NOT THAT YOU CARE) THAT YOU ARE GREAT! SO FUNNY!
I WORK WITH A MAN THAT HAS GOT TO BE A TWIN OF BELLY. SERIOUSLY. THE EXACT SAME.
I WAS LAUGHING ABOUT THE "FAT CHAIRS" A FEW MINS. AGO, AND HERE COMES MY BELLY WITH HIS HUGE THICK GLASSES, SNOOPING AND STARING AT MY SCREEN WHILE EATIN OVER MY TRASH CAN. IT WAS ALL SO FUNNY THAT I MADE A NOISE THAT MY COWORKER (MY MISS THANG DON'T PLAY)NICELY DESCRIBED AS A "STRANGLED SQUEEK).
ANYWAYS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
RACHELE
PS VISIT MY BLOG IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT

Cristini P said...

Hey Linka--Just say no to whitey!! Hahaha!

White foods are high in sugar, but you prolly already know that. I'm trying like the dickens to get the eating thing right. It's all about whole grains, not FAD-kins, that shit is SO 1999--and actually very hard on the kidneys.

Have I told you lately that I AM SO HUNGRY?