Saturday, December 15, 2007

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life

Well, not last night exactly....

Like Sofia said from The Color Purple: " I was feelin' mighty low Miss Celie"

Yesterday I was turned down for a debt consolidation loan (for the 3rd time in as many years) from my company's Credit Union...fuckers. It seems that the reason they turned me down was:

Excessive credit obligations in relation to income

Current/past delinquent credit history

Well duh, assholes, that's why I was asking for help!!!!
And to top things off, I received an email notice stating that my wages would be garnished for the next 6 months because of a REALLY old debt to Best Buy that was bought by a scavenger debt collector/"law office". $294 per paycheck.
Great, what next? I figure I'll be homeless by the New Year....ok, that may be a little dramatic, but still....

Well this morning after breaking down whilst brushing my teeth I got in the car to go to the job I'm starting to resent when what do I hear coming out of the speakers???

Proud Mary by Ike and Tina
Oh.My.God......I LOVE this song!!! I'm sure people at the stop light thought I was having a seizure..fuck 'em
Then he played Nutbush City Limits..oh.my.gravy...I love that one even more.

So by now I'm pulling in to the parking lot feeling a whole lot better so when that song ends, I change the station only to hear my NEW favorite song:

Hate On Me by Jill Scott..I actually started to cry..I know, I am such a sap

I love how music can change your whole outlook on things. I'm still between a rock and a sharp, jagged hard place but at least I'm feeling like I can make things better..hopefully without filing for bankruptcy.....

1 comment:

Cristini P said...

I am just as easily moved, so I know just what you mean! I really do believe it's a small way that God is sayin, "You'll come through ok. Find joy even when everything sucks."

I hate it that you are having to go through this. Several years ago, I was just 2 days away from garnished wages at one point from defaulted student loans. I agreed to sign up for some direct debit payment plan even though I didn't know how all that money was going to get INto my account, and each month at that. So I held my breath, meditated a bunch, and I somehow nailed down a manager position. I wasn't qualified, and I only lasted half a year and then had to step down to the assistant position... but by golly it paid those insane bills, along with a bunch of other credit cards that were in collections.

It's hard to see right now, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel. Something great is going to come along and save your butt--maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... But it's gonna be freakin' great.