Saturday, May 31, 2008

A $30 Tinker Bell Cake..For A Grown Woman

My sister graduated from High School over the holiday weekend..I know I'm a week late with this but I've only just recently gotten over the trauma of having my family in my house for 4 days...

Anyway, we were really excited (and frankly a little relieved) that she was finally done. It's been a long road for her and she's finally started to act like an adult..yay.

She requested a cake..a Tinker Bell cake..with lights and fireworks and shit... so as the "big sister", I had to oblige...or there would be crying...because her "whole life she's been called Tinker" sheesus, god.

I called a few places and and they had no idea who the hell Tinker Bell was (?). Finally Publix had said they would do it..for a base price of $30..expensive much?

I looked at their website and saw this extravaganza of foolishness:

It's called the Tinker Bell Dangler..cuz she dangles..The baby gets what the baby wants dammit!!.

Oh, but wait..the store closest to us didn't have the damn fairy toy thing so I had to call all over the planet to get it, then call the bakery lady and have her coordinate the delivery of it to her place..she seemed annoyed with me..bitch.

I picked it up on Saturday afternoon..it kind of looked like the picture..I suppose.



I then decided it would be a good idea to spend another $35 on Tinker Bell paraphernalia - confetti, balloons, cups, napkins, a trucker hat (I'm serious) and a metal purse thing..



Yes, I have OFFICIALLY lost my shit.

Speaking of losing things...My mother called to let me know that she had accidentally thrown away the "Taaanker Bell Toy Thang"...and did I think that Publix would sell her just that piece?...*sigh*..

family..you can't pick 'em.

2 comments:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I'm so glad you survived. My parents have never come to visit us and when I tell this to most people they are like, "What? That's terrible!", but I think it's terrific.

AtYourCervix said...

That was very sweet and big sisterly of you to do all of that for your baby sister! I hope she appreciated everything!