Thursday, July 31, 2008

We Needed To Have A Meeting About The Meeting

Corporate America needs to stop it.

First of all, this morning I had to get up an hour earlier than usual to go to a training class at our sister facility TWENTY MILES AWAY FROM MY HOUSE...IN HORRIBLE TRAFFIC...oh, and I had to bring "homework"...In order to stay awake for the long two hour class, I made the mistake of drinking waaay too much of my homemade coffee (because I have a tendency to fall asleep in conference/training rooms) and now my stomach is boiling..loose stool..mmm yummy.

When I got in the car to leave, I noticed that it was BELOW "E"...great...Since payday isn't until tomorrow, I floated a check at Publix to get some cash (because I am the picture of financial responsibility) and then had to pray all the way to the gas station...it fucking kills me how little gas I can get for $20 these days.

Then if that wasn't enough, once I got back to the office I realized that we had a 1.5 hour "team meeting" to go to which meant I only had 20 minutes to eat my lunch.

As you can imagine, I wasn't exactly an "effective team member" for the rest of the day.

You can call me "Irritable Bitch" today - thankyouverymuch

And then we can have a meeting to discuss it.

No comments: