Monday, July 07, 2008

And We're Stiiilll Together...

Yes people, it's been one whole year since I married that dude...and hey, we haven't killed each other yet..but tomorrow is another day.

We've actually been together since '98..damn that seems like forever ago...but this year seems to have flown by.

It hasn't been easy though - considering that two weeks ago, I wanted him to "get the hell out of my house" - but we've worked it all out..mostly..and I wouldn't trade him for any man (except maybe Brad Pit..or Derek Jeter..or The Rock..AHEM..anywayyyys).

I love the hell out of my husband..who else can I actually watch and laugh at Elmo on Sesame Street with or trade farts with that won't think I'm wacked??
Not bad for a guy that I met on the Internet huh?

We went to Whole Foods yesterday and spent 700 million dollars on two ORGANIC tomatoes, 15 pine nuts, a box of frozen mussels (which were actually very good), a rosemary/olive oil demi baguette and some fresh mozzarella...since when did we get so damn bourgie??

Oh, and I actually made pesto for the first time..and no one died. I figured I should do SOMETHING with that poor basil plant (that I've had to replace twice due to neglect).
So anyway, I made this appetizer thing that's made of sliced tomatoes sprinkled with salt, pepper and olive oil, schmeared with pesto and topped with the fresh mozzarella that can I just say, is the most dangerous thing to slice EVER??....me and the digressing...
here's a pic that I found on the innurnets:



Except I put mine under the broiler....and it wasn't stacked so high..ha

Then we made mussels with a cream garlic white wine sauce..yum

And since we're greedy bastards, for dessert we had peach cobbler and ice cream..hell naw, I didn't make the cobbler...Mrs. Smith's does a wonderful job.

Tonight we plan on going to a nice Brazilian steakhouse downtown...with a 2 for 1 coupon..because we're just cheap like that and because we can't seem to keep our asses out of Whole Foods aka "The 700 million dollar grocery bill place".

Oh..this is SO my favorite song right now..the lyrics really hit home....

Mary J Blige - Be Without You



*Edited to add:

I can't believe I said I put mine under the BOILER..instead of BROILER..how embarrassing...I have since changed it because I am anal like that...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hope you have a very nice anniversary.

:)

Oh, I am totally diggin' the coupon. That is so us.