Saturday, March 22, 2008

What About Prom Blane???!!!

Last night I had a dream that I went to the prom...at my present age of 35..weird huh?

I remember that I was wearing an old braids hairstyle that I rocked for eons like this:(in case you are wondering, NO, THAT IS NOT A REAL PICTURE OF ME..besides, I wouldn't have picked that ghetto ass, "I don't have a day job" color)










In the dream, me and TOH were in this car (yeah, I wish)










Also, I found myself all decked out in my prom dress..wandering through the mall trying to find TOH and when I looked in the mirror, I noticed that my face hadn't been washed and I had eye boogers..etc..mmm, how attractive.

Maybe I had this dream due to the fact that I MISSED MY PROM..for a very stupid reason.

My senior year in high school, My date Eric freakin' idolized Duckie Dale, (hair, shoes and all) but didn't quite like my friends.
Our prom was in Ontario,CA but we lived 4 million miles away in Victorville, CA and Eric had a car....oooh, hot...but he refused to let, my friends ride in his car and me being a stupid teenage girl, decided that I would rather "find my own damn ride". Well he called my retarded ass bluff, and left.

Cut to me, sitting on my friend's bed, fully dressed, pantyhose, heels and ALL that shit, holding my $55 prom ticket...snifflin' and shit.
I missed out on a great memory because of my loyalty to them..I sure as hell wouldn't do it again, they cows weren't even seniors!!


Remember the scene in Pretty In Pink (god, I love that movie) where Iona and Andie are in record store and Iona says:

I have this girlfriend who didn't go to hers, and every once in a while, she gets this really terrible feeling--you know, like something is missing. She checks her purse, and then she checks her keys. She counts her kids, she goes crazy, and then she realizes that nothing is missing. She decided it was side effects from skipping the prom.

I think I'm having some of those side effects.

And because I now have internet access at home (take that! mean IT dept.)....a little duckie for ya..oh and some New Order too..because that song reminds me of all my teenage "angst"...ha freakin' ha



1 comment:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I had 3 friends in high school. I didn't go to the prom and probably wouldn't have even if I was asked. But I loved New Order... thanks for the memories.

Oh, and good move on your at home internet...