Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Eww..The Gym

Me and the ol' ball and chain went to the gym last night..mostly so we could take a hot shower (more on that cluster-fuck situation later).

I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill - thank God it's getting easier for me to do that distance. Having music and a magazine helps..having big sweaty men stare at you does not. Are they aware that they smell like mule crack??
The Other Half actually did a mile himself...for the first time ever...I believe he thinks the treadmill is girly or something..whatever.

Speaking of smelly, we lifted wights for a while, I am so cock-diesel..uh, not really but it felt good to be able to 1. figure out the weight machines and 2. be able to actually lift the weights.

Let me tell you a little about the ladies locker room in Bally's Total Shitness..I mean Fitness.
Everything in there is either (or a combination of):

Sharp
Rusty
Moldy
Dusty
Infected looking
Slimy

And yes, it only cost me $100 per year..$19 a month for the Husband (who rarely goes) So I guess you get what you pay for.

For some reason (oh, how 'bout NO hot water at home) I decided to take a shower in this hell hole..the whole time I was in there, I tried to NOT touch anything or let anything I owned touch anything..yes, quite difficult but after 3 days of whore baths, it was wonderful.

For some reason, I felt like I was in a horror movie though..lonely dark shower room, rusty, dripping fixtures..flimsy shower curtain..the whole time I was nervous that Jason Voorhees would rip the curtain back and slash my throat....but really I was more worried that I would get MRSA from the faucet(notice how that article mentions "athletic situations", yeck).

Note to self:
Burn shower shoes..and towel..and skin

P.S.
Why do nekked people always feel the need to speak to you in the locker room???

No comments: